Thread: Avs Cap Space
View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 07:45 AM
Freaky Styley

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
I don't think Barrie is going to get called up this year. Sherman is going to try to sell high on one of our depth defenseman like Hunwick, O'Byrne, etc. At least I hope so, but if not it's not a huge deal. I'd rather see Barrie playing those important minutes on LE as opposed to the safe protected bottom 6 minutes on the Avs. Last year it was obvious he and Elliot both weren't ready for the jump yet, and this is coming from a huge Barrie supporter.
I am also a huge Barrie supporter, and I agree with you to an extent. With the shortened season we will be looking to win games and win them fast, so I see us going with an experienced roster. However, if Hunwick is unable to fulfill a puck moving roll, that leaves us with only EJ (and Wilson, sort of) that are able to move the puck effectively from the back end. Pair Barrie with someone like Hejda or Zanon, and hopefully he will be successful as PMD is the most glaring omission in our lineup right now.

I just hope he forces his way onto the team in camp, so we can trade one of our other d-men for prospects/picks.

Freaky Styley is offline   Reply With Quote