View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 06:48 AM
Faterson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo81 View Post
Did you see Malkin's tweet about sports.ru who made the rumour?
Haha, good battle of words there. I wish Malkin would tweet using Russian letters, though, this is difficult to read.

Sports.ru deserve to be blasted. Who the hell is Rob Rossi? It's part of journalistic responsibility not just to quote random people's opinions and statements and make headlines out of them, without double-checking everything.

Quote:
Good win for Slovan, will be great to see them in the play offs
Except that without Višňovský and Sekera, it will no longer be the same team that got into the play-offs... (If they get there.) The NHL lockout (and its end) will certainly distort this KHL season in a big way.

Quote:
I want to see Donbass and Lev make it too.
Me too, and I'd add Minsk to the mix, although it will be hard or impossible to dislodge Severstal. It would be nice to see 4 Russian teams battling it out with 4 non-Russian teams in the Western play-offs. From among the top 4 seeds, Lokomotiv seems perhaps most vulnerable. Although now with the lockout over, the strength of the 4 teams may shift again.

Quote:
Hopefully we see Loktionov, Goncharov return to the KHL.
Kopitar just got injured, one day before lockout end, and could be out for 2-3 weeks, so the Kings might need Loktionov.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenGuru View Post
Metallurgs new 1 st line Mozyakin - O`Reilly - Zuccarello ? Could be great
Mozyakin is an absolute killer sniper. Last night, it seemed like you blink, and you miss Mozyakin score a goal. The question is, with Malkin gone, if the others will be able to provide him with all those ideal passes the way Malkin did. Probably not!

Must have felt great last night for Janus to get the shootout victory by deflecting both Malkin's and Mozyakin's (1 out of 2) shootout attempts. Magnitka losing 10 out of 10 overtimes/shootouts this season is ridiculous. Janus is now 7-5 in shootouts, and characteristically, Slovan has 0 overtime wins or losses this season, in tune with Slovan's "safety first" strategy.