View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 07:51 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
I think Kujawinski's going to make a slow climb up the rankings. He got off to a horrible start, goal scoring-wise, but has since snapped out of the funk. I believe he had 5 goals in the first 30 or so games, but has 5 since returning from the Christmas break.

At one point he looked like a potential first round pick. I think his goal scoring troubles contributed to his drop, but if his goal scoring continues to rebound, I think that one fear will be alleviated.

He still has to work on his foot speed, but he's got the potential, IMO, to be a similar player to someone like a Jordan Staal (offensively).
Kujawinski isn't a "goal scorer". He's at his best as a hard working and getting pucks to his teammates. He won't put anyone on their edge of their seats by scoring regularly or making slick passes but he can play that hard-working North American game to become a top 9 forward.

I said this from the start of the season but expectations were way too high for Kujawinski and the top 10 rnakings just weren't justifiable with his skill set. Still a great prospect but he's got lots of weaknesses to work on.

Kujawinski's late surge in offensive production can be attributed to Kingston's top line (Watson-Ikonen) being away at the Under-17 World Championship.

dean youngblood82 is offline   Reply With Quote