View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 08:12 AM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
The reasons behind his struggles in Hartford would have to resurface in the NHL in order for it to count against him imo. Like I said, his potential in our line up and our need for him in our lineup has him in a favorable position to get a job in the NHL.
Also, and this may be entirely unfair of me, but I'm not sure I'm sold on Hartford's coaches and their ability to coach up forwards. They've done a good job with defensemen lately, but I dunno, it seems like every forward that has needed more than just some adjustment time has kind of underwhelmed in the end.

Again I think of when Kreider played with the Rangers and was told "watch Hagelin, play like he does" and his play improved IMO, even over his time in college. He pursued the puck better, was more involved, cycled well, was using his body along the boards, and finding opportunities because of it. Now he's in Hartford and floating around like he used to in college, looking lost? What went wrong? What are they teaching him there? What are they asking of him that's so wildly different from what he was doing with the Rangers?

Something doesn't quite add up to me and I'd be wildly curious to see what happens if he gets a dose of Torts coaching from here on out

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote