Thread: Line Combos: 2013 Line Combos
View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 08:13 AM
Canuckman44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sens(e) View Post
Not a lot of time to get a feel for young players, rookies or chemistry, so the team will try to stay as cohesive as possible in terms of last year and also using vets over rookies where possible. Teams with the most change in the offseason will likely struggle more, given the coaching (or lack there of) and implenting systems will be so hard. Not only with a short camp, but minimal practices all year given games every other night. Coaches and GM's know the team needs to hit the ground running and be fast out of the gate.

As such, I think guys like Stone, Ceci, ZBad and Da Costa may not even be at camp, and if they are, it will be for experience, not with hopes of making the team. But I doubt Ceci gets an invite, and Stone too. Even guys like Da Costa, Zibanejad and Hoffman might not get invited, given the depth of veteran forwards. All will be told they will likely see time with the team before year's end. But with Daugavins, Regin, JOB and a few other vets in the mix, the Sens are already 14 deep or so. Silverberg I expect will get a long look in the top 6, as will Latendresse, although perhaps not as long if he doesn't produce. Besides the other top 4 front line forwards (Alf, Milan, Spezz and Turris) that leaves Smith, Neil, Greening, Condra along with JOB, Regin and Daugavins as the 13 forwards the team keeps when the season breaks.

They want guys like Stone, Da Costa, Zbad, Hoffman, Pageau, Dzu, Grant and the rest of the future forwards to get bigger ice time in Bingo, as all need work on their games.

On D, I think Benoit is in for sure given his experience. I think Borowiecki will have the inside edge over Wiercioch given his style of play and the fact the Sens won't really need Wierioch on the PP. But all three of these guys may start the year with the team until Lundin is back. Not a lot of depth there, though.

Lehner will stay in Bingo, and Bishop will be the back-up until injuries or poor performance makes it necessary to bring Lehner up. This is the stone cold reality of the contracts and two-way deals. If Anderson and Bishop play decent and stay healthy, he may not make an appearance with the Sens (a big if, though). As such, it wouldn't shock me to see Lehner get called up if the others are struggling late in the year, and they just keep three goalies at the pro level (can't send Bishop down) and ride Lehner for a spell. It's the kind of move Murray has done before.
PW has very little to offer outside of the PP. He seldom wins battles in the corner and is literally the worst defensive dman on the Bsens, including Claesson and Wideman. He gets caught up ice because the thinks offence first, has poor lateral movement and often gets beat to the outside. He is weak and the only time he plays physical he gets a cross checking penalty. The fact that he is a .5 PPG may get him an invite. Benoit has 23 points and is a +3. I'm sure they see this as an "offensive pairing"". If they need offence these guys will get the call but if they need any shut down defence there are other choices. For Benoit, being the son in law of the goalie coach should help.

Canuckman44 is offline   Reply With Quote