View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 09:50 AM
punch1943

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
London has two imports that aren't going anywhere. The other three teams could be fits though, and if the Spits are going to bid for next years Memorial Cup than they NEED to trade Koko. I would like to hear definitively that Koko is coming back as well. It's been nothing but speculation at this point. If he is coming back and is being traded, the time to trade him would be now while the trade deadline and availability of the potential NHL kids is up in the air. Koko would be the sure thing acquisition rather than hoping/gambling on a Strome not making the show this year.

I don't know How Pavelka would be worth a "King's Ransom" either, I mean he'd be solid enough to give a wannabe contender real depth at goalie, but I don't think he automatically supplants any current No.1's on contenders.

Spits should get a free or cheap OA this week, as non-contenders ship their better ones to contenders, and then contenders have to cut/trade one of their current ones. Some players traded to a bad team from their current contender will not report to certain situations.

Nobody will offer a deal he can't refuse for Posa.
I did read Koko's coach had said he wasn't returning to his KHL club although I can't find the quote anywhere...

I concede 'King's Ransom' might have been better worded. How about 'good value'?

I agree O/A coming our way will be on the cheap at the last moment UNLESS we are forced to accept one as a deal breaker in a larger trade.

As for Posa I doubt if he goes anywhere unless Spits get a 3rd. Big problem is he's arguably a top 4 D-Man on a horrid defense.(unless we pick up a solid 93 D-Man with some knowledge of the defensive game.)