View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 10:05 AM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoast View Post
I don't think Kadri is any worse than Schroeder defensively and AV may not have the luxury to wait forever for the younger guys. With a tighter salary cap, you have to get meaningful contributions from guys on entry level contracts. Once Kesler returns, Kadri could be moved to the wing where he has less defensive responsibility.

Our last 2 playoff series were similar in that our offense sputtered and died with injuries to key front line players. Some offensive scoring depth might have got us past the Kings in the first round last year.

I've watched some Marlies and Wolves games, and this is not the impression I got. Schroeder is _much_ better than Kadri defensively. Can you explain why you think they are equal?

And, again, from what I have seen, Kadri will not be a C in the NHL. Strictly a winger IMO.

That said, Bozak + Kadri + 1st is what I'm expecting, given the leak from Millard earlier, so I agree that Kadri is coming back in the deal.

On an unrelated note: How do you think GMs value potential lottery picks now that where you finish isn't necessarily the range in which you will pick. Does it make a GM like Burke more or less brazen in trading a 1st?