Old
01-07-2013, 11:39 AM
RedBaronIndian
Rest in Peace

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Here's a fun thing

I've seen lots of Finland fans saying TT was arguably their best forward throughout the entire tournament.

Today in Friedman's 30 Thoughts, he quotes a scout

28. Draftees who struggled: Teuvo Teravainen (Chicago). Had 12 points in six games, but "very unmotivated performance until tourney was already over."

You can choose who you want to believe.
I watched all of Finland's games because they were rare day time games for me. He started on the third line (due to the Finnish coach wanting to spread the scoring) with 2 meh linemates in the warm up games whom TT had to carry and he did do that admirably. Injury to one of the Finnish forwards pushed him to the second line with Barkov. Barkov and TT clicked really well and TT was very good especially on the PP(very Karlsson like, he may have learned a thing or two from him at Jokerit).

I think his best game was against Switzerland (which was a do or die game) where the Finns dug themselves a bit of a hole. He scored 2nd and 3rd goals on PP where he got his shot through traffic both times. We finally may have someone competent enough to play the point on PP and not shoot a million miles wide of the net.

He had an average game against Sweden and was on fire in the relegation round against Germany and Slovakia. IMO, He would definitely be in contention for Finnish forward of the tournament. I think highly of Friedman and generally respect his views, but in this instance he is plain wrong and his opinion may have been clouded by poor showing of the Finnish team in the tournament.

RedBaronIndian is offline   Reply With Quote