Thread: Speculation: Luongo: The Neverending Story
View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 10:39 AM
NYVanfan

vCash: 500
I think having 2 quality goalies is more important in a shortened season, where any stumble could really hurt. Also, am I right with the assumptions that the cap is still high for this short season, and the buy-out amnesties apply this summer and next?
Wouldnt these facts add up to a much greater liklihood that Gillis will hang onto Luo for this year anyway if he doesn't get a good enough deal?

I mean if you're him, why would you move him for Bozak and an ok prospect and/or pick (who wont help this year), versus going with the proven tandem, and maybe just sign a guy like Arnott? Capgeek is showing them currently with $2.4M in space with a 23-man roster, if I'm reading correctly.

Can anyone tell me the justification for rushing this deal, or taking a deal as low as the ones posted here (mostly by our Leaf friends?)

And PS, I don't for a minute agree that avoiding 'discord in the room' is worth throwing away your #1 trading chip and security btw the pipes. We can throw him away in the summer, if it comes to that...