Thread: Line Combos: 2013 Line Combos
View Single Post
01-07-2013, 10:53 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Dr.Sens(e) View Post
I think Wiercioch's play this year has been encouraging and he may indeed get a look this year because of it, but with very little time in camp, I think the Sens are more likely to play Boro and Benoit, with Wiercioch continuing to see big minutes in Bingo. Part of that is due to the fact our D is brutally soft without Borocop, so he is almost a shoe-in, despite the fact he has tried to do a little too much at times in Bingo this year. But he is ready. Benoit is a solid puck mover who hopefully get overwhelmed by jumping into the NHL, which is a bigger risk with PW. I suspect all three might be with the Sens to start though, as I think they will carry 7 D for a spell.
You are forgetting about Gryba. He can add some grit to the big club. He also is playing a lot better this year than he ever has, at least imho.

Not to mention that filling the physical D hole is a lot easier than backfilling a puck mover. We still have Blood in the ECHL that we can call up.

Assuming Binghamton loses three D-men for a spell, those three being Wiercioch, Benoit, Boro

Wideman- Eckford
Claesson - Gryba
Blood - ???

That leaves a major hole in Bingo. I believe we still have Matt Campanele as well, but no 7th D-man. Not to mention that kills our puck-movers. What was our strength is now our major weakness.

sens83 is offline   Reply With Quote