View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 11:13 AM
Dreakmur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzSquared View Post
It seems like it's pretty straight forward "TheDevilMadeMe"- don't be a killjoy by mentioning players not "drafted" yet, no silly trades, no silly picks like 16 years old Sidney Crosby. Then it's just a matter of being around and not holding anybody up.

Worst thing that happens is I build a not so good team and have some fun and learn some things doing it!
We're not really worried about how good or bad your team is going to be. We've had some rookies build some great teams.

The question with new GMs is always whether or not they'll stick around if things go south. If you make a bad pick, you're going to get slammed on it. Some new GMs get slammed a few times and just quit, and then we have to find a replacement for that team, which is a major problem. Sometimes it doesn't even take bad picks or criticism - some GMs just have no idea how much time and commitment this thing takes.

I would prefer that ALL new GMs take on an expeienced co-GM... but I'm just one vote, and I won't put up a fight either way. You seem to have a good attitude about it, so that's a good start