View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 11:23 AM
Canuck09

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPG View Post
If we go by the book, that would be correct.

I don't really see the point in switching to the $70.2 cap next year though... From what I gather, the point in that 70.2 was because teams hadn't had the chance to adjust their cap strategies. For us, we would have a full year to plan for a lower cap.

Just my 2 cents on the matter... I'm ok with either way, but the 64.3 for next year makes more sense to me.
I agree here. I don't think we should go to $70.2M next year because we have a full year to deal with the change. The few well off teams would probably benefit from a year of increased spending but many of the cash strapped teams would be left behind for another year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sens(e) View Post
Upon further consideration (and review of these comments) I think following the NHL makes sense given this is what we have always done and it maintains our objectivity. It also will prevent some of the subtle tanking, or at least reduce it.
I also agree here. I think we should stick with the NHL format, and if at all possible, continue using the NHL lottery results for our own lottery results, assuming our seasons are done on time.

Canuck09 is offline   Reply With Quote