View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 11:40 AM
derriko

vCash: 4116
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Posted this in another thread, but this seems like the better place for it:

I'd love to see us try to pry one of Buffalo's defenceman loose. The Sabres have more NHL defenceman than they can even keep on their roster:

Myers, Regehr, Ehrhoff, Leopold, Sekera, Pardy, Weber (not Shea), Sulzer, Brennan... one of those guys could suit up for us this year (and possibly beyond, depending on who we'd target / who's available.)
Well I typed up a huge response to this, had another window open, came back to this one and it refreshed, deleting the whole thing, so heres a cliff notes version haha.

They wont move Erhoff to one of their main competitors for that 8th spot, as well as a divisional rival.

Regehr and Leopold fit this team perfectly, and they both expire this year. They would be solid Cowen replacements in the top 4.

Regehr is probably a little overpaid at 4 million, so that might lower his value. But he is one of my favorite players, a physical beast like Volchenkov. Aka the type of player you win with in the playoffs.

I wonder how enticing Da Costa, and / or Petersson, plus a 3rd or something is for Regehr? Da Costa and a 3rd is probably better than Petersson + 3rd, but would that be enough (rivals have to overpay)