View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 12:54 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevekento19 View Post
That's scary. I think Vancouver finishes fourth in the division. It's like playoff hockey for 50 games and older teams aren't going to do the damage they usually do. With Edmonton consistantly getting better and most of their players playing all year I honestly think they are great this year. I think they finish first in the NW. Second and third will be between the avs and Minny
I see what you're saying about Edmonton, and I would agree that they very well could be dangerous.

But call me a homer all you'd like, but I think that with a good lot of our core players already having played several games this year, the Avalanche could be positioned for a good run this year.

Varlamov has played stellar in the KHL, most likely helping his confidence and whatnot. Duchene, by all accounts, has played relatively well in Sweden and especially in Switzerland, and had a great Spengler Cup, helping his confidence out as well.

We never heard much about Stastny, but I believe that someone posted his stats in the DEL and they were really good considering the league and everything. And O'Reilly has had some decent games in the KHL as well.

I realize that Landeskog hasn't played since leaving Sweden, but I don't doubt that he's going to have a good year.

I really think that the Avalanche could turn some heads this year. The only downfall, and this will be for any team, not just the Avs, will be that a slow start will most assuredly doom any team this year, as a 48/50 game season just isn't long enough to compensate for a poor start.

RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote