View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 12:01 PM
PWJunior
That's what we do.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Signing Edler as a ufa, would be ideal for the Isles and Isle fans. Get the player, without moving any of the isles top young talent. But, even on a crowded ufa market, he'll get plenty of interest because he'll be one of the best players.

Kesler's recovery from his wrist and shoulder surgery, is slower then expected. He's months away from coming back. What if this trade+ extension was made at the start of this season, instead of the trade deadline?

Both teams increase their chances of making the 2012-2013 playoffs. The isles have a defensive partner for Hamonic for the next 4-6 season.
I get where you're going, but do you honestly believe Snow would make a move like this? I surely don't considering his track record. If a move is made, I could see something happening at the trade deadline only if the Isles are legitimately in striking distance of a playoff spot.

Some of the names being mentioned (Strome is NOT available btw) are players that either have this season to prove they are a part of the future (it's going to be a put up or shut up year for Bailey) or are already important pieces going forward - Frans.

I've said it several times, but I don't see Snow having an issue with the potential numbers game until this coming offseason at the earliest.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote