View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 01:05 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
Leave it as is. Late in game. move MDZ and Staal together. Acquire RD to replace eminger/bickel at deadline. McIlrath takes over 6 spot next season hopefully.
MDZ looked awful on the right side. McDonagh has good hands. Good head. Good wheels. Abrasive, choppy passes are dealt with ease. Has terrific leg-work and would make that transition very easily imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Much rather have Bickel as the spare D. If they want to experiment with Gilroy up front, fine, but he's a nightmare on defense.
Something tells me he won't have that edge that Torts likes regardless of where he plays. I think this board is too rough on Bickel. I'd take him over Gilroy as well, and I strongly used to believe Gilroy was a future top-4 dmen. Bickel's only going to get better with more games under his belt. He turned 26 a few months ago and finally got some experience with the big league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I would rather have Bickel over Gilroy any day of the week. Bickel keeps the game simple and will go through a wall for his teammates. Gilroy is soft. Saying that, if the Rangers can't add another defenseman they need to sign Gilroy. There will be injuries. Besides McIlrath, they have no one in the AHL who can be called up and play even 8 minutes a night.

I don't mind him as a #7-8. That's all he's proven to be thus far in his career. Having the option to slide him into a line-up he's familiar with, along with a coaching staff he's played for should help him. Bickel's the better option though. Easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
with a normal camp, i would have said move staal to the right so he can play with MDZ. but there is no time to waste and let him adjust. keep things as they are...
I thought of Staal making that move instead of McDonagh or MDZ. I think McD would make that transition the easiest though.

I just think Staal-McDonagh would be a ****ing nightmare to play against. Staal's smarter, faster, and just a better player than Girardi. I think MDZ and Danny would be a fantastic 2nd pair as well, especially together.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote