View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 12:17 PM
Sidney the Kidney
All zee Germans!

vCash: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post
Kujawinski isn't a "goal scorer". He's at his best as a hard working and getting pucks to his teammates. He won't put anyone on their edge of their seats by scoring regularly or making slick passes but he can play that hard-working North American game to become a top 9 forward.

I said this from the start of the season but expectations were way too high for Kujawinski and the top 10 rnakings just weren't justifiable with his skill set. Still a great prospect but he's got lots of weaknesses to work on.

Kujawinski's late surge in offensive production can be attributed to Kingston's top line (Watson-Ikonen) being away at the Under-17 World Championship.
I didn't say Kujawinski was a goal scorer, I said that his goal scoring totals likely had a lot to do with his drop in rankings due to concerns over his overall offensive production. Regardless of whether he's a pure goal scorer, or a pure playmaker, or whatever. No one is going to rank him in the first round when he's got 5 goals in 34 games (on pace at the time for around 10 goals total). Now that that "statistical concern" isn't so noticeable, I think his ranking will go up.

Actually, Kujawinski's surge in offensive production can be attributed to him doing the things he did last season to find success. He's going to the net more regularly, and just generally being more assertive offensively these past few games that he wasn't in the first half. Also, Ikonen didn't make the WJC. He's actually been playing with Kujawinski on a line with Povorosniouk, and the line has shown good chemistry.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote