Perry

Weber Doughty
Pietrangelo Letang
Keith Seabrook
M. Staal

Price
Ward
Luongo

I'm quite confident in the spine of the forwards. I can't see anyone other than Crosby, Stamkos/Giroux, Toews and Bergeron as the centres in those respective spots. Top line is loaded offensively with three world class playmakers. I'm now convinced that Eberle should be on the team, but if more size and grit is needed I could see Perry moved into his spot. The second line features a deadly combo in Stamkos and Giroux, and it avoids any potential issues between Crosby and Giroux. It doesn't matter which of those two is the centre. LW was a big question mark, and I went with Hall mainly because of his skating and also because I expect him to be a 40 goal type in a year.

Third line is the dominant third line from 2010, with all of the players still prime aged. Nash is the biggest question mark to me, but the total package that he brings when he is on top of his game is too tempting for now. Bergeron is a tremendous fourth line centre, best defensive forward in the world with loads of big game experience. I've gotten over my displeasure with him at the 2010 Olympics and accepted that he was injured, and additionally that he is a better player now anyway. E. Staal brings experience and another tremendous physical package like Nash. I don't like the odds of any line going again the Canadian defence plus Staal and Bergeron in the corners. Seguin has chemistry with Bergeron, is competent defensively and has been great in Europe this year. He makes this line very dangerous offensively, and his skating is a valuable asset.

None of Canada's big defencemen or goaltenders actually played yet this hockey season, so there is no real change there. I still believe that the top five defencemen are all but guaranteed, and Seabrook has an excellent chance due to chemistry with Keith and being a returning player. The goaltending is a crapshoot. Price gets the pick because he's the most talented, and Fleury isn't there because of his potential for highly erratic play. I know that Luongo isn't exactly the model of consistency, but he has been a good international goaltender. Let's all hope that someone emerges in this half season, and next year, to be consistently great in goal.
Agree completely. The biggest question mark for me at this point is whether Getzlaf can return to his previous form; if he does, and proves that 2011-2012 was an aberration, it'll be hard for Yzerman to leave him off given his performance in 2010 (granted, that was on NHL-sized ice) and his ability to simply take over games when he's "on". I'm not sure who'd I'd chop in that scenario, but I'd probably lean towards Staal. The speed of Hall and Seguin on the wings on the international ice is certainly hard to pass up.