Thread: Value of: Alex Edler
View Single Post
01-07-2013, 01:24 PM
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
I get where you're going, but do you honestly believe Snow would make a move like this? I surely don't considering his track record. If a move is made, I could see something happening at the trade deadline only if the Isles are legitimately in striking distance of a playoff spot.

Some of the names being mentioned (Strome is NOT available btw) are players that either have this season to prove they are a part of the future (it's going to be a put up or shut up year for Bailey) or are already important pieces going forward - Frans.

I've said it several times, but I don't see Snow having an issue with the potential numbers game until this coming offseason at the earliest.
I don't think Snow would trade for a soon to be ufa Edler, based on Snow's track record, whether the isles are in the playoff mix or not.

Snow has not traded significant trade chips for a soon to be ufa, since the 2007 trade deadline.

However, I'd like to thnk that with the arena issue settled, that Wang's ready to open his checkbook again. Snow talks about how he's gathered enough prospects, that he can trade some if the right deal comes along. Yeah, losing one of Reinhart or Strome would hurt, along with the 1st rounder.

But, Brock Nelson and Sundstrom both have 2nd line center potential.
If Reinhart was the one dealt, the isles would have a fairly young core of Edler, Hamonic and MacDonald at the nhl level and prospects De Haan, Donovan, Mayfield, Pelech in the pipeline.

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote