View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 12:29 PM
Halibut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haseoke39 View Post
No, the original "make whole" provision did no such thing as take money away from the players. That's ****ing ridiculous. "Make whole" money would have worked like this: players take a 12% haircut now, and later that 12% is paid back to them by taking it out of future year's caps, effectively lowering the available cap space for future players. But with all players on net, the PA still gets exactly 50% every damn year.

The only way you get to add that $211M is if the owners said, "you players will pay us owners $211M, which we keep." Otherwise, you're just making a mathematically absurd argument. And I mean absurd in the fullest sense of the word. Please stop.

Read what you just wrote that I bolded. How is that not a negative impact on players salaries going forward as I suggested? By changing it to a payment outside the revenue share the make whole payments take up no cap space, meaning teams can pay salaries right to 50% and the players get to keep it rather than escrow get it if the make whole and the paid salaries push them over 50%.

Halibut is offline   Reply With Quote