Rangers Prospect Poll: #1
View Single Post
01-07-2013, 12:35 PM
Sent to HF Minors
Join Date: May 2007
BETTER THAN 50-50 ODDS
(in alphabetical order)
(at least 30%)
St. Croix (but if he makes it, he'll be a difference maker)
Thomas (same as MSC)
(at least 10%)
NO CHANCE IN HELL
* Zuccarello is highly unlikely to ever return.
Overall, in addition to Hagelin who already solidified his role on the Rangers, I see about 7-8 players from this bunch who'll be solid producers (top-9 forward or top-5 defenseman. I'm not counting 4th liners or #6 Dmen because they are a dime a dozen every summer):
1. Either Hrivik or Jean will become a top-9 LW.
2. Either Fast or Thomas will become a top-9 RW.
3. Miller will be a top-9 center or winger.
4. At least one, maybe two of the other 3 centers (Lindberg, Nieves and St. Croix) should be a top-9 center.
5. Kreider should be at a minimum a third liner, hopefully much more than that.
6. McIlrath should make it as a top-5 blueliner.
7. Either Skjei or Noreau will be a top-5 blueliner.
Nash - Brad - ???
Kreider - Stepan - Callahan (we should try this line this year)
Hagelin - Miller - Thomas/Fast
Hrivik/Jean - Lindberg/Nieves - ???
McDonagh - Girardi
Staal - McIlrath
MDZ - Skjei/Noreau
I think the question marks make it very clear where our holes will be going into the future.
Last edited by Beacon: 01-07-2013 at
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Beacon