View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 12:40 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I wouldn't move Miller + Thomas + for anyone at the deadline. The Rangers just dealt (4) pieces for Nash. The system isn't as well stocked as it was just a few years ago. The Rangers have their horses. McDonagh, Girardi, Staal, MDZ on defense, Hank in goal, Gaborik, Richards, Nash, Callahan up front.

I think we will see, possibly, a 3rd line C/winger brought in and a #5/6 d-man. That would compliment this team very well.

Looking to next season, the Rangers will have players like Hrivik (who the organization is very high on, and should be), Miller, Thomas, Bourque, Lindberg, Fast, McIlrath all vying for spots. This year the Rangers will be good. Next season, if some of those young players develop well and can make the next step, they have the opportunity to be a true powerhouse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Yeah we have enough big ticket pieces. Our success will be dependent on them performing to expectations and production from our secondary and role players. If we make a move it needs to be to bolster those latter two groups; and I don't want Miller, Thomas and picks going out for anything lass than a first line player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Depth is definitely something I want addressed at the deadline. A third line winger and some capable spare hands. What was it, two players inactive before Stu Bickel or Steve Eminger were lined up at forward in the playoffs?
I agree with all of this.

We really can't afford to trade anymore prospects. The pool is getting thin, but not so thin where it is useless. Miller is close. Thomas needs more work. Hrivik isn't too far off. McIlrath isn't far off either. Skjei needs more time as does Lindberg and Fast imo (latter too need the NA adjustment period). And this list to go along with some others. We shouldn't be shooting for or in need of anymore big ticket items as 2k2 put it. He is right. Nash was that big ticket item. Now we need depth. We can't have what happened last year with Bickel and Eminger being used at forward. And Bickel being benched in the playoff games playing with 5 defensemen.

I think Haley will make for a good depth forward as will Kolarik if we need a call up. But I would like to see a veteran 3rd line center as well as a #5/#6 defenseman. And no I don't want a slow footed Hal Gill or Pavel Kubina as many wanted last year. Kubina was pretty awful for the Flyers.

I think we're better off waiting until the deadline to see what teams are weeded out rather than speculating now because there could be a real gem out there that fits our team. But I know it is hard for many to resist.

And I will stand by the idea of Iginla. Trust me, I know it is not very realistic, but being that he has an expiring contract, is what 35?, has never won a cup....it's not too out of the realm of possibilities. Put him on a line with Hagelin. Find a center for them. Maybe even have Halpern slide in there (great faceoff guy).

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote