View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 12:42 PM
haveandare

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthJerseyRanger View Post
I'd probably let go of Miller, Thomas, and a pick if it means a Cup. The Rangers have been retooling, building, and tweeking for about 9 years now to get to this point, starting with the firesale in the spring of 2004. Would I jettison a couple prospects to put the team over the top and get to watch the parade in June? Hell yea. This isn't 2010 anymore.
The cup is never ever guaranteed no matter how stacked a team is on paper. If NYR were to trade Miller, Thomas and a good pick, they'd be crippling the organization depth for a chance at a cup - not for a cup and a parade. You don't get to ask for your prospects/picks back after you fall short. I absolutely wouldn't trade those guys for Getzlaf. Also, I think this team is about as stacked as a team can realistically be with the cap as it is and as it's going to be for the next few years. You don't need two #1 centers like Richards and Getzlaf along with three top 6 wingers like Nash, Gaborik and Callahan AND three top pairing d-men in Staal, Girardi and McD. This team is as good as it's going to get maybe give or take one or two depth players. If they can't get it done with this lineup, it's not because they didn't have enough talent.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote