Old
01-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
Let me know what you go with...

In indirectly related news, I need someone to teach me how to take a slap shot. If I am going to be on D, I need to be able to whack that bloody thing from the blue line and not have it be an ankle biter.
Thinking of the Miken Z9. On clearance for under $100. Want to try the BP14 pattern (clone of Bauer P14).

I guess the P14 was based on Scott Bjugstad's pro pattern and his preference. He teaches kids at his shooting clinic to use that kind of pattern for snap shots, so Bauer started ordering more, and it caught on.

Now Scott's with Easton and they just announced their E28 pattern they developed with him. Similar to the Sakic but with a flat rocker near the toe for shooting, kind of like the P14.

I think that flat rocker would help my left to right accuracy, and my ridiculously whippy 55 flex feels great for shooting but is all over the map, so I need to go stiffer but I like the weight of high end sticks.

Yeah.

I can't take slappers, but people seem to think my wrist/snap shots from the blueline are plenty hard enough, so long as I keep them down

The key is to not shoot into the legs of a defender, because the puck will spring off their shin pad and they get a breakaway. Trust me on that one

Oh and ankle biter is exactly what you want most of the time, unless you're stepping up on the PP or have (for some reason) a completely clear shot.