View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 12:49 PM
RockLobster
Damnit, Jian Yang!

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Please don't use fitness skates for hockey, there is not enough support and it is not designed for the type of strides and stop-start pacing.

As others have said, wheels are important as well. If you're playing on a rough outdoor surface, any wheel above and 80A hardness will do. Indoor wheels are softer. Generally the heavier you are, the harder wheel you would want as you are really pushing into them whenever you take a stride. Other members would know better what type of wheels are good, but generally, entry level skates will have harder wheels than higher end ones.

The Vapor fits a little narrower than the Mission and can be compared to the ice boot of the same name. Mission's Inhaler series fit close to Bauer's Supreme boots iirc, so the forefoot will be a little wider and the heel pocket a little rounder with more 'anatomical' ankle padding.

If you are forced to go by shoe size, make sure the shoes you're wearing are true to size, meaning that you do not have excess space in the toe.
Yeah, I wasn't planning on using fitness blades for roller hockey. But I have now had a couple of people tell me that the Bauer Vapor XR2's are good, and have a nice fit even for people who have a bit of a wider foot.

I did the measurements of my foot and it appears that I'm right on the cusp of either a Standard or Wide width, and that either could work.

But if I'm understanding your statement, you're saying that the Mission's might be an overall better fit, is that correct?

And I do wear a size 12 shoe, but I've always had a little space at the tip of my toes, usually less than a thumb's width, as that's what my parents always told me, and when I have bought shoes that's what the people at Foot Locker/Finish Line have always said as well.

I just can't really afford to screw this up, as on my limited budget, I need to get the right skate the first time.

RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote