View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 12:51 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by towely View Post
you make it seem as if we don't have any youth and gabby and richards have been a complete disaster.
the team got better since they have been here and i am sure nash will do the same.

richards is not that old in the sense where he will be dropping off any time soon and considering we have had many players go through their 30's and even 40's in the nhl i would think we have a little more then a 2 year window.

1994 was a win now team this team is a can win now and should be for a little longer then 2 more years.
Don't worry his analysis is quite egregious to say the least. I'm sorry you can't win with all home-grown players, at least not the ones we had. I love them to death but let's be serious here, you did not have true perennial players on the roster. You needed to add guys like Gaborik and then a guy like Richards. Callahan and Dubinsky were and are not snipers nor are they of the class of playmaking ability that richards is. They just weren't.

You cannot rebuild forever with the fear that your cupboard will be empty too soon and you'll have no prospects for the future. You can't manage an organization like that. Managing player movement so that you HOPE you can have a long run. You have to add the outside pieces to win a cup. I don;t think it has anything to do with "windows" as some fans here see it as with lundqvist. Henrik is the type of athlete that can play into his mid to late 30's like Brodeur and still be great. And Richards is no Drury. I think that is the true problem here. People still feel the pains of Drury. Drury never ever had the skill set richards does. And Drury was a smaller guy who was constantly giving up his body to block shots. It destroyed his body. Richards does not play that way.

They added Nash, they have a much more complete team. They have JT Miller on the horizon. I truly believe that after watching him play in the WJC. The kid has matured greatly since we drafted him. They still have their very large share of homegrown players that have been come "studs" to this organization. They all fit in like a puzzle. And while they may not be studs to other organizations, I do believe any of the other 29 teams would love to get their hands on the players we have.

You look at the clips from last year and who was scoring the game winners, the OT winners....there were a lot of richards and gaborik in those highlights. Management has made the right moves. They will be fine. Sather has really cleaned up his mistakes and he has a great supporting staff. The kinda staff that brings home a championship.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote