View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 01:57 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevekento19 View Post
That's scary. I think Vancouver finishes fourth in the division. It's like playoff hockey for 50 games and older teams aren't going to do the damage they usually do. With Edmonton consistantly getting better and most of their players playing all year I honestly think they are great this year. I think they finish first in the NW. Second and third will be between the avs and Minny
Edmonton could be very good but their defense is going to have to play better AND they better get very good goaltending from Dubnyk/Khabibulin or else they'll be out of the playoffs. Their offense should be top-10 maybe even top-5 in the league but they still have question marks in the middle. After RNH, they have Horcoff and Sam Gagner which seem to be trending in the wrong direction.

Still too many question marks for my taste, I think they'll improve again but won't make the playoffs.

Vancouver's time to contend for the cup is now and I doubt very seriously that a playoff spot is even in jeopardy with the overall team and experience they have. The only way that happens is if they completely botch the Luongo deal and Schneider can't stop a beachball. (<- although I DO think that the Luongo trade will end up biting them in the ass)

The Wild's defense won't be good enough but when Brodin and Dumba join their club, they'll be a force as long as Granlund comes as advertised. I don't think this year will be their year though, I lump them in with the Avs as a playoff bubble team.

The Flames are likely going to be a disaster. I predict a last place finish in the division. Unfortunately for them, they'll still be good enough to just miss the playoffs...again. Wideman will cost more goals than he actually contributes on the PP and there will be pressure to prove that the cap hit of $5.25M was a smart move (lol) and I expect him to play a lot. Apparently, the guy they had penciled in as the 2nd line center, Roman Cervenka, has a blood clot condition and there are issues with him coming to North America. So they are looking at converting 2 wingers into centermen to start the year (Mike 'me,myself and I' Cammalleri and Hudler)

The hiring of Hartley should give them a boost but I don't think it will be enough.

That's the way I see our division...apart from Vancouver, it's pretty much wide open.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote