View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 01:58 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by egelband View Post
liked mcilrath sticking up for his teammate. the rangers need that. now more than ever they're targets. and they might be perceived as a somewhat soft team. i don't mean that they're pansies, but the rangers toughness is in taking punishment. not in doling it out. i appreciate how the rangers play, don't get me wrong. they play the game right. but it would be nice to see an opponent pay for running lundqvist. maybe a guy like chris neil or the guy on washington might think twice about head hunting. oh yeah...justice.

My feeling is that the fact that the Whale gave up only 2 goals in 3 games this weekend is due in large part to McIlrath. I remember watching one game right before he came in and we gave up 4 goals, all of them garbage goals in the crease because the other team felt like it could push around Talbot and just mass-tackle him in the crease. Every goal that game (and in many other games) looked like he was being tackled by 2-3 linebackers.

Then McIlrath arrived and suddenly I saw a lot less of this. If McIlrath can clear the crease and push anyone for pushing around our goalies, it will be a huge help to the team. Talbot is one of the better goalies in the AHL, but getting physically abused (while playing 14 games straight) cannot help your ability to stop shots.