View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 01:18 PM
CoolburnIsGone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
A first is far less appealing than Versteeg. Not only is it unlikely the pick ever pays comparable dividends, it does nothing to facilitate our "win now" philosophy. I wouldn't be adverse to Fleischmann if not for his injury history. But he is certainly more valuable to us than a first.
See my revision to the proposed. I replaced Versteeg with Upshall so that satisfies the "win now" philosophy though with a lower value but works better for the Panthers. Kept the 1st in the deal but replaced Petrovic since we need d-men sooner than Vancouver does and would give you the ability to draft someone like Ristolainen this yr (big RHD). With Matthias currently injured (I believe a concussion), had to replace him but did so with Shore who has more value than Matthias probably.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
And how did he? Florida wants no part of dealing a highly touted prospect. Thus, they will have to give up a good roster player or be content with what they have. Nothing wrong with maintaining the status quo but you cannot expect Vancouver to gift you a goaltender.
I changed it anyway to a different deal. Keep in mind, that FL has no need for a goaltender so unless its a gift, whats their motivation to make a deal? So like you said, nothing wrong with maintaining the status quo all the way around.