View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 01:30 PM
molsonmuscle360

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Unit View Post
i think we'll be in the hunt but 7 games against both Minnesota and Vancouver won't bode well for us. Minny eats us alive all the time and with Parise and Suter now on that roster I don't see that changing this season. As for Vancouver, they're weaker, especially with Kesler recovering slower than expected, and many of their players rusty but they're still going to be a force. Calgary is going to be a desperate team right out of the gate and i expect them to play desperate hockey from game 1. Finally, let's not forget Colorado has a similar situation to ours, a young team on the upswing, except they have better goaltending and defence.

9 of the remaining 10 teams in the West finished ahead of us in the standings last year and LA, San Jose, Phoenix, Dallas, Nashville, Chicago, and St. Louis are still better than us. I'm very optimistic about this team though and I can see us surprising a lot of teams but it won't last and we'll fall short of the playoffs unless Tambellini finds another stud on D or Dubnyk raises his game to another level.
The way I see it is we probably crush Calgary most games. We beat Vancouver any game they find themselves in penalty trouble because our power play will crush older teams. And probably be pretty even with Colorado. Minnesota will probably win the division.

LA is going to slip in my opinion. Kopitar is hurt and Quick is just getting back from serious injury. And I think the Pacific teams are going to be splitting a lot of games with each other, keeping their point totals lower.

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote