View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 02:36 PM
Clarkington III
Rebuild? Refresh?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitbtw View Post
Road-tripping it 8 hours with four other teammates to play in a 3v3 all night iron man tournament only to head back in the morning to make it back for our beer league game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
That's insane...good luck!
Ended up taking second in the tournament by virtue of tie breaker to the last team we played and lost bc of a shootout goal (penalties awarded as shootout attempts that count towards score at end of each game). Tie game and they had 5 shootout attempts to our 2. Lost by one on the final attempt.

Made it back with 2 hours to spare before our league game. I overslept and my first shift was about 5 mins into a game that saw us get our worse defeat in our team's 3 year history. When three of the team's top skaters and goalie are physically and mentally exhausted, we needed other guys to step up to keep us in the game. Instead, they saw it as a time to be lazy and we got smoked. Took me until the 3rd period to get any semblance of legs again and they were gone shortly after that. If we were going to lose though, I was glad it was like that as hopefully it opened up some eyes that the current effort isn't going to get it done this season and we can't always rely on he same guys to make everyone else better.