View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 01:38 PM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
While I agree, the only thing I'd make clear is that if you earn the role, you've earned it. None of this sending a kid back because that's what MIGHT be best for his development (people forget that rushing is not the only way to bust a prospect, keeping him buried can do it too). If Scheifele has earned the right to play on this hockey team, and in our case this year he literally needs to steal a spot from Wellwood/Burmistrov/Antropov/etc, then he has earned the right to play and should be played.

Best players play, IMO, and if he proves ready than that's what his development calls for, there's no set path for prospects, no "road to Winnipeg leads through St. John's", every prospect is different and develops different. St. John's is just a tool to help, but not every player needs to go there...

Only exception's would be you don't want young kids not playing regularly (13/14 forwards) and you need to fill your roles right, Scheifele is better than Thorburn, but different roles, teams need all kinds, so he probably wouldn't be suited to 4th line, particularly if they will be sheltered and barely played again...
Rolling 4 lines may be more important this year than usual.

A 4th line that could be counted on for 10 minutes a game and to chip in offensively could be an asset.

A Mittens - Slater - Scheifele 4th line wouldn't make me sad.

Another set up could be:

Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Kane - Olli - Wellwood
Burmi - Scheifele - Antro
Poni - Slater - Mach / Thor

Just spit-balling here. No real preference. I do like the look of that though.