View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 01:45 PM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Thats fine that you're not all too interested but then so are the Panthers in anything where they give up Versteeg, Bjugstad or Fleischmann for Luongo. So looks like we're at a stalemate and FL is not an option.
I disagree that the best the Panthers will offer but they probably dont have what Vancouver wants to solve their immediate or long term needs without sacrificing a lot for the Panthers. So the Panthers interest may be lukewarm right now unless they can get a deal involving the players I mentioned already.Keep in mind though his actual salary is still $6.714M per season for the next 5+ yrs which is significantly more than a lot of the top 10 goalies. Since we know believe that some of that cap space will return to the Canucks when he retires after his salary goes down, the cap hit may help contending teams but not some of the other teams that have been rumored to be in on Luongo.
Doesn't the new CBA let us pay a portion of Luongo's actual salary?

Anyways, I think a deal will follow the base of top-6 forward + decent prospect + pick, or top-9 forward + good prospect + pick.(probably a 1st)