Thread: Today I...
View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 01:46 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Ugh, that sounds exhausting.

We're going to have to re-assess this summer. 1-8-1 now and we'll be lucky to get 5 wins by the end of our 20 games. Our options seem to be drop down a level or cut some folks and bring in better players.

There's the possibility our team goes from VERY casual (i.e. 1-2 scrimmages in the summer and no practices) to somewhat organized and prepared (mandatory practices at least once a month, maybe more, and some coaching). If we do that and ask for $100 up front to get a spot on the team and use that money for 8-10 ice times, some guys will drop off, and if we bring in dedicated players who have skill level to play at our level, we could win 10+ games next year, maybe make the playoffs again.

Otherwise maybe we drop down a level, and considering I went from scoring 19 goals last year to zero in the first half with only four assists, I might be able to drop with them. Which would suck since it's a step backwards, but it's hockey.

I'm kind of hoping we just get some more serious and talented guys and structured practices. It's more fun to play with players who can make and receive passes and know defensive positioning. Otherwise it's just sandbagging it in a low level and racking up points. Which ain't worth $500 if you ask me.