View Single Post
01-07-2013, 03:01 PM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning
vCash: 1800
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
The question isn't about getting the best player in the deal, it is about getting parts that make your team better. Bozak can fill in for the #2C spot, and will be an acceptable #3C as well. Yes, MacArthur had a difficult year last year, but is a gritty 2/3 guy, with decent offensive upside. They are both UFA's, but believe it or not, they can both be resigned at reasonable Cap hits, something Vancouver needs. Franson can provide 20-30 points on the backend, and likely not given a fair shake in Toronto. There are some reasonable pieces here, that would allow Vancouver to potentially become more competitive.

On the flip side, I've read this elsewhere, and it is factually true.

If Luongo is so great how can he lose his job to a 26 year old who's played a total of 68 NHL games over 4 years. How many GREAT goalies have lost their job to an inexperienced youngster in the last 10 years? Zero?

We can argue back and forth all day about this... but Vancouver needs to find Luongo a new home, and get some assets that make them a better team.

*** by the way, my cousin is a big Vancouver fan, and offered up the following trade before Christmas. If we take our winter weather back, which we did, we could have Luongo. ;-)
Here's our lineup:

(Malhotra, Schroeder)

We have a hole at 3C and 2nd line RW. Perhaps a number 7 defenseman.

Anything that does not address those needs immediately holds less value to us. I don't see Macarthur as enough of an upgrade over Higgins or Raymond to merit targeting him in a trade.

We have some high end wing prospects, some decent centre prospects and quite a bit of B-defensive prospects.

So hypothetically, Kulemin, Bozak, 1st/Kadri would addess our needs and potentially give us a prospect that wouldn't be buried in our depth chart. Although even Kulemin is not an ideal target, and is probably only a top-9 forward at this point. I'd want to go after the best top-6 forward we can, and then go on from there.