View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 02:11 PM
vadim sharifijanov

vCash: 500
if we want to project careers, i think kane could go one of two ways: as a shifty little guy injuries could start to be a factor, as they were for pat lafontaine. on the other hand, look at danny briere now. kane is a very intelligent player, as much as i hate him, and maybe the kind of player who can be very productive well into his 30s.

one advantage kane has over lafontaine and briere, who are two guys he's always kind of reminded me of (buffalo connection?), is that he's always played wing, except for that one failed experiment. lafontaine took a lot more abuse as a career center, and briere as he started relying more on smarts than his physical abilities moved from center to wing in his 30s. by the time he hits 30, kane might have a lot less wear on his body than those guys.

the other guy i kind of compare kane to is kessel. difference being that kessel seems to me like the kind of guy where once his wheels start to slip and he can't create room to get that shot off, he'll be done as an elite point producer. kane, i think, is on another level mentally and should be just fine.

vadim sharifijanov is offline   Reply With Quote