View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I think if the Habs are finished with Gomez we might be better served to trade him to a team like the NYI for the next year and a half if it ends up we're only going to be charged $2 million per year cap hit or something in that area with the Islanders picking up the rest. That would probably go over better then having Gomez in Hamilton for the rest of the year.

It depends on the details on how the salary sharing thing works out.
$44M floor is not really a challenge for teams to meet. Easier for the Isles to take a pass on that one. Sign really good players with their money. If they still have room for Gomez after that, sign him for $525k after the Habs buy him out in the summer.

At least, that's what I would expect. If Gomez plays really well this year... say puts up 30-40 points, that well... then *maybe* some weak cap floor team could rationalize picking him up in a trade... but for me, I'd say no way to holding *any* cap hit from him from the Habs' POV. If you've got the compliance buyout option, clear him fully if you can. Either trade the whole thing, or buy out the whole thing. No point in a half measure.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote