Old
01-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Clutterbuck isn't going to be on the 4th line.
You're right. He's going to be traded in that scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
And Coyle isn't starting the year with the Wild, IMO. Especially if Bouchard can actually go from the start.
You're right. But going forward (and if PMB can stay healthy), that would be a lethal 3rd line. Maybe not so physical, but we have our 4th line to take care of that.

That only leaves our 2nd line. Let's see how Cullen does before throwing him to the wolves. Shortened season might suit him fine. If not, we have a problem. Who do we replace him with? Zucker? Sure, having Zucker and Setoguchi scoring from Granlund's feeds would be nice but that line would be quite small and even with Zucker's two-way play, they would be a defensive liability. Larsson? No, we can't have him over Zucker. It's just not reasonable, unless he can prove that he can outplay Zucker. I don't see that happening.

As of 2013, I'm proposing:

Parise-Koivu-Heatley
Cullen-Granlund-Setoguchi
Bouchard-Brodziak-Coyle
Mitchell-Konopka/Dowell-Powe
Veilleux

Palmieri might be one option going down the line. If he can develop into an NHL-level power forward, we could use him on the 2nd line with Zucker and Granlund moving forward, or have him take Coyle's spot on the 3rd line. Of course that would mean that Setoguchi would be moved, which I don't see happening. He should be given an opportunity.

We could also move Granlund between Parise and Heatley, and have Koivu center Zucker and Setoguchi. That might actually work... Nah, it won't.

If we'd move Clutterbuck+ for C. Gunnarsson as I've proposed earlier, our team would look very good.