View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 03:34 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Personally, I'm really intrigued by Marek Hrivik. The kid has sublime hands but was passed over several times in the draft because his skating was terrible. He's made huge strides in that department, and you could even say he's "deceptively fast" at this point. He needs to shoot the puck more, but I think he could be built to succeed in the Rangers system. I think he's really going to turn some heads this year.

That's the kid I've been pimping for a month now. I also would like to point out that he's very responsible defensively, having been coached by a defense-first coach in juniors. I've never seen him in Hartford thinking he isn't keeping up with others. Is he as fast as Kreider? No, but nobody is and he's no slower than most quality prospects.

I am just not seeing serious flaws with this kid. He has decent size, his skating is acceptable, he has good hands, he thinks well both on offense and defense. He's really excelled on the first line in Hartford when he was placed there, showing that he will only improve with better linemates and more responsibility.

If he has good work ethic in practice (I have no knowledge of that, either in good or bad direction), he should be in the NHL within 12 months.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote