01-07-2013, 03:37 PM
Dr.Sens(e)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arglebargle View Post
Well the top two lines will probably look like this:

Spezza - Michalek - ???
Turris - Alfie - Latendresse

With either Silfverberg or Stone filling that top spot. Whether or not they keep both in the NHL depends on Alfie's status. The guy is old and reportedly is having back problems. If his role has to be reduced the best bet to replace him is probably Stone/Silf. If it were me I'd bump Alfie to the 3rd line and put Stone in his spot for the first little bit and see how it works out.
I'd be stunned if Stone got slotted ahead of Silfverberg. Even if Silfverberg has a bad camp, I still think he'll start in the top 6 based on his play in Bingo.

If Alfie is slowed, they MIGHT consider Stone, but given he hasn't really been playing a top 6 spot in Bingo, I doubt we dump him there that early. I think they might consider one of Hoffman, Regin or Greening for a top 6 spot as required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arglebargle View Post
The bottom two lines will be something like:

??? - Greening - Neil
Smith - ??? - ???

I'm not sure if Neil will play on the 3rd or 4th but this is going to be an area that will change a lot over the season. I'm also not sure how they'll fill the holes here. There are still a fair number of scrap heap free agents, many of whom are not terribly exciting to think about. I think they try to get 1 FA and fill the rest with low-ceiling B-Sens players who they think could hack it in the NHL.
Condra is assured a spot, and I suspect Regin, JOB and Daugavins fill out the top 13 spots when camp breaks. Hoffman and Stone are on the outside looking in, but are getting the call-up for experience I expect. Team probably expects both to see time with the Sens at some point as a call-up.

Dr.Sens(e) is offline   Reply With Quote