View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 03:44 PM
Vankiller Whale

vCash: 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
It was rumored but not sure if thats confirmed. If true that would help for sure but how much would the Canucks be willing to absorb of his salary when they already are gonna get hit with his retirement cap hit later too?

Still I think I made an offer similar to what you believed in the latter of your 2 options...top 9 forward (Upshall) + good prospect (Shore) + pick (1st rounder). And I included Clemmensen (partially due to roster restrictions and to give the Nucks a solid backup goalie who can play 30 games/season) with the inclusion of Raymond (which fills a hole for this yr that was filled by Upshall). That deal has the Panthers adding $2M in actual salary without the inclusion of Raymond so that could work for them. There's decent value there I think for the Canucks but may not be the exact needs for them right now that works so who knows if they would be willing to do that.
That isn't a bad offer, if it were Petrovic instead of Shore I would be fine with it. I just don't see Shore as having as much potential as Kadri/Petrovic, my main target prospects from Toronto/Florida.

I think Shore ends up as a very good third liner, but I think with Gaunce in the system he isn't as valuable to us. We don't have anyone in our system like Petrovic(big, shutdown defenseman with mean streak) or Kadri(highly skilled dangler), which is why I think they'd be better fits for us.