Thread: Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART V
View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 05:13 PM
19NYSports91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
I can't say that I'm surprised that most people underrate Anders Lee. The NCAA does not get the same press as CHL and therefore less hype is created for the prospects that play there. People saying he's below John Persson on the depth chart? Based on what? Certainly not experience, age, strength, or skill.

Anders Lee IMO is the only true Power forward in the entire Islanders organization. As dominating as Nino's game is in front of the net (this year at AHL) Anders Lee is even more dominant, and he's bigger, stronger and older. He's also light years ahead of Nino as far as play along the boards and corners and winning and keeping the puck.

Nothing against any other Islanders prospect, but people don't really realize what they have here. I'm not saying Lee is the best or most talented prospect in the system, but he isn't that far off. What he IS, is different than any other player in the system. He can be a monster on any line 1st, 2nd, or checking line (dont just pigeonhole him to a bottom 6 role).

I like a lot of Islander forwards with Size.... Nino, Nelson, Sundstrom, Persson, Ullstrom, Kabanov, Petrov. Etc Its a wonderful thing. But I'm telling you that none of those guys play as physical or nearly as strong as Lee is. It would be a mistake to let this guy go over money.
Just curious how do you know this? How do you get to watch him play so much?