View Single Post
01-07-2013, 05:15 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by solo16 View Post
Smith+Helm would be considered (maybe we throw in a midrange prospect)
Smith+Filppula would be considered (maybe we throw in a midrange prospect)

Smith: Extremely valuable player because of age, skill, experience, and pedigree. 2 firsts. (this will be obvious to everyone within 2 months)
Filppula: Hard to gauge value because his contract is almost up. I tend to Think 1st +3rd.
Helm is worth a low first (hes probably really worth a high 2nd but he is so overvalued and hyped realistically he would only be moved for a 1st).
Sheahan not trading for low value so forget it. He is worth a mid 1st round pick to Detroit. We wont trade him for less because of size and upside-- he is better than his stats indicate (and finally is scoring like a madman in the AHL the last 3 weeks).
Jurco could be had but approximately a 1st round pick for him. (stock is starting to fall)

Myers is not worth approximately Six 1sts in assets (and most of detroit's trade-able assets).

If you ask me Myers is worth about three 1st round picks. Maybe Buffalo would hold out for four. Sproul is not off the table in fact I would perfer you take him over Smith.

Sproul, Filppula, Jurco, 2nd/3rd would be a price I could live with.
I didnt say all of them I said a combo working around them and I think its impossible to gauge a player's value based on "theyd be worth approximately x amount of 1st round picks". If you think Smith is worth 2 1sts theres no way Myers is only worth 3...? Jurco and Sheahan have so many question marks surrounding them right now gauging their value is tough let alone on a 1st rounder scale and if Gaustad is worth a 1st I guess Helm is but thats also comparing deadline values so..idk? Real tough to gauge value here and its tough to believe Darcy moves Myers for anything...if Im armchair Gm though Im looking for an overwhelming package such as the one I it fair? Prolly not but then again I wouldnt be looking to trade my 22 year old calder winning 6'7 franchise defenseman..

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote