View Single Post
Old
06-12-2006, 06:04 PM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
Helminen appears to be the guy - I, for some reason, have been skeptical (with the caveat I only saw him a handful of times this season and less the previous season). Just seems like a small player - even a little shorter than Moore, and doesn't look to be built like Hollweg. I do agree on Moore's physical ability, but I also remember so many 45 second shifts in the offensive zone with Moore being relentless and keeping the puck in the zone, providing good shifts and tiring defenses as Jagr got ready to come over the board. Those shifts very often are about as much as you can ask for from those guys. And with limited goals for, he was still a plus, implying that the team wasn't losing from him being out there. If you can improve, you can improve. I do bring him back and let him compete against Helmien, et al.
fletch i agree with you on helminen, i just dont see him beating out immo, moore, betts, and even dubinsky for a 3rd or 4th line center spot, from what i saw i was not as impressed as i was in college, id love to be proven wrong, but i think all of those players have more to offer

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote