View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 04:58 PM
solo16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
I didnt say all of them I said a combo working around them and I think its impossible to gauge a player's value based on "theyd be worth approximately x amount of 1st round picks". If you think Smith is worth 2 1sts theres no way Myers is only worth 3...? Jurco and Sheahan have so many question marks surrounding them right now gauging their value is tough let alone on a 1st rounder scale and if Gaustad is worth a 1st I guess Helm is but thats also comparing deadline values so..idk? Real tough to gauge value here and its tough to believe Darcy moves Myers for anything...if Im armchair Gm though Im looking for an overwhelming package such as the one I stated...is it fair? Prolly not but then again I wouldnt be looking to trade my 22 year old calder winning 6'7 franchise defenseman..
Your right. I misread your post at first. Thought you wanted all of them. Forgot to edit the last sentence. Well tbh what is a 1st worth? Depends on the year depends on high the first is. I just using it as a mythical benchmark.

Consider the 20th first round pick to be roughly worth Darren Helm or Sheahan (sure they are both debatable but I'm comfortable with their value right around there). I think Tyler Meyers is worth 3 maybe 4 20th first round picks in an average draft. I think Smith is worth 1.5 to 2. (I consider Smith to be worth similar to McDonagh (though you can argue that forever)).

solo16 is offline   Reply With Quote