View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 05:46 PM
Exit Dose

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyc View Post
I don't expect the tail to wag the dog. And I must say that the team given us by the Ducks is way better than the team we got the first year of the Bolts affiliation.

One thing I might suggest, that worked out well for the Bolts. And that is try looking hard at the undrafteds coming out of the juniors and colleges. In 2010 the Bolts inked Cory Conacher and Tyler Johnson to AHL contracts. Conacher scored 39 goals for the Ads last season and Johnson had 31 goals and 37 assists. Both based on these performances got NHL contracts.

You can find some real diamonds for cheap this way. From what I've seen of the Duck's scouts, they are pretty good talent evaluators. Turn them loose on these types of players.
Sorry, didn't mean that to sound like there will be no assistance, just that if Al is expecting us to move hell and high water to recreate last year's team this year, it isn't happening.

Remember that our Stanley Cup winning team was loaded with undrafted free agents, so we know how valuable they can be. Got my eye on Zengerle this year.