View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 07:00 PM
Mumbler*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Yeah, not going to agree with that. It all depends.

Clutterbuck on a 4th line? 10 minutes a night. He could be perfect. Light the fire on the team. Get big hits. Score a few goals by effort alone. Great. He could "win you championships" in that situation.

Clutterbuck on 3rd line? Well, now he's playing 17 minutes a night. He's expect to maintain puck possession in the offensive zone. He's got to be able to pass to his teammates. He's got to make smart plays and be in the right position. He's got got got got got to get the puck out of the defensive zone when it comes up the boards. He's got to play well with the 3rd line center.

I don't really see Clutterbuck doing much of those "3rd line" activities well. He turns the puck over. He has trouble breaking the puck out. He isn't great at winning puck battles on the boards because his stick is too long. He can't pass for ****. He'll take a bad shot in favor of getting the puck to an open linemate. His hits get him out of position. And he can't cycle.
I totally agree. I have nothing against clutterbuck but he isn't winning anyone anything.

Mumbler* is offline   Reply With Quote