Thread: Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVI
View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 07:15 PM
sycamore

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
caps could be mediocre. holtby could have a sophmore slump and neuvirth not step up. carlson and alzner could prove to be maxxed out an not going to be elite. green could get hurt again. ov could prove to be a 0.75ppg playe from here out.

that equals a ho hum team.

on the other hand if one of the goalies is for real. if carlson and alzner are elites. if green and ov return to some form of their better selves, i think they could be a top team.

i'd say its hard to know
if one of the goalies is for real -- extremely likely (Hotlby is going to be a star, Neuvy one of the best backups in the league).

carlson/alzner elites -- very likely (well more likely that they will prove to be blue-chip, very good though not quite all-star)

ov return to form -- very likely ( I think the half season off will do wonders for ov -- he's going to return fresh and enthusiastic about hockey again)

green return to form -- very unlikely (just my opinion, he has confidence issues, injury issues, I don't think he has the mental make-up to overcome these in the long run)