View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 06:21 PM
rumrokh
No accent?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
In a nutshell, all 9 of those players are better two way players than Schwartz. It doesn't benefit Schwartz to play 10-12 minutes of NHL hockey at this point in his career as a bottom 9 forward. The goal is to get him in the top 3-6. Playing right now 20+ minutes a game is more crucial in his development. That isn't stats. He has no physical or statistical reason to be on this roster right now. It would be a bad decision unless there was an injury that allows him plenty of playing time to have him on the roster. He shouldn't be considered a win now option.
That's reasoning that's lightyears ahead of anything you've said so far. I don't know how you go from "he must be better than the top 6 we currently have" to that, but I fully, non-sarcastically support that shift. I don't fully agree, but it's sensible.

Don't misunderstand, I'm not arguing in favor of Schwartz being on the opening night roster or anything like that. I just think your previously stated expectations are unfounded and your criticism and comparison to completely unlike players goes nowhere.