View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 06:40 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbe42 View Post
How much money do you have to pay him to get him Back ?
Nobody knows since KHL salaries are undisclosed.

It's pretty doubtful that O'Reilly would put the Avs in a position where they even hesitate to match or better the KHL offer. He would be doing himself a big disservice when you consider the chemistry that he had with Landeskog and Downie.

What's more likely is that he signed a reasonable deal with Metallurg which is a 'floor' that he figures he should be paid and it's probably based on the negotiations that were held last summer with the Avs.

So, essentially $3M to $4M would be my guess which the Avs could and should be able to easily surpass.

If it's between $4M and $5M, I would expect the Avs not too be too thrilled to be put in this position and I'd expect them to either try to lock him up for 8 years or possibly short-term and then trade him.

If it's over $5M, we have a problem. I would expect the Avs to trade his rights or let him 'rot' in Russia and either wait for an offer sheet or for the 2 years of that contract to be up. <- knowing that this is a possibility, I doubt very much that RoR put the Avs in this kind of situation.